Thursday, January 14, 2010

Well here goes....

So here it is, my first post. I wanted to start a blog similar to those I've been so addicted to the last few weeks. Outlining deals I've found and have done, along with posting product reviews on some of my favorite products I've gotten through deals! I hope that people will be able to gain some knowledge on how to do this "couponing thing" through this blog. And always remember...I'm still learning myself so be patient!!

A few quick tips on couponing....

-You are allowed to print 2 of each coupon from your computer. So if you have access to 2 computers at home, or a second computer at work, utilize them (but please don't get fired for doing so; no coupon is worth that!). I do not have a work computer or a second one at home, so most of my deals are for smaller quantities of items, but I will pass along deals that people with these multiple computers can do as well!

-Get the paper delivered.
Here is a link to the info on getting the SF Chronicle delivered for $1. Thanks, Frugal Find! There seems to be some debate on whether or not they raised the price to $2 but just mention you were told about the $1 deal for the Sunday paper. You will need a credit card to pay for it to get this deal.
But seriously, this is the best way to get coupons. My friend over at The Frugal Find recommends getting one paper for every person in your house. I still haven't gone that far, but it makes sense!! And there are days when I wish I had more coupons then I have, so consider having a couple more papers delivered for that $1 price!

-Follow the way those ahead of you have done it!
I am no expert. Shoot, I don't even think I'm really that smart when it comes to doing this. But I'm a good follower!! And if you follow the way others have gotten their deals, you are sure to see the savings yourself! See these buttons on the right?! They are wonderful resources as well! It's where I get all my deals at and they are a wealth of knowledge. My circle of bloggers gets bigger everyday!

-Couponing is fun, but yes, it is work!
It *does* take time, but the savings are worth it. Just squeeze in a little time here or there to organize your shopping trips (instead of just running out for something at the last minute) and you *will* see the fruit of your labor!
And just wait to see how you feel the first time you leave a store with bags of free items, then tell me couponing isn't worth it!

-Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment